This page is open forum for you to email, asking life questions you seek a Biblical answer for. Write Lura@LuraMinistries.org
My neighbor told me that the popular wizard and witchcraft children's books are not just children's fantsy, but evil. Is she right?
H.L.T.. of Knoxvile, TN
Thank you for for writing. Many other sincere mothers have asked me the same question. I want to answer you with Biblical scripture so that I am not presenting one woman's opinion, but God's Word. You can then make an informed and lasting decission for yourself. The word occult means hidden. It is anything concealed, secretive, mysterious and beyond the human ordinary understanding. It involves all secret techniques used to manipulate the supernatural world for personal power and control. Black magic, white magic, witchcraft, spells, charms, spirit contact, fortune telling, clairvoyance, curses, spells, healing energy, solstice, psychic force, sorcery, necromancy, trances, channeling, divination, astrology, numerology, palmistry, tarrot cards, automatic writing, UFO studies, water witching, ouija boards, radical feminism, paganism, goddess worship, levitation, hypnotism, tools such as wands and daggers, crystal ball and crystal gazing, blood sacrifices and more.
Deuteronomy 18:10 - No Israeli may practice black magic, or call on the evil spirits for aid,or be a fortune teller, or be a serpent charmer, medium, or WIZARD, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone doing these things is an object of horror and disghust to theLord!
Further scripture refrences: 1 Samuel 28: 3-20, Acts 16:16-18, Genesis 41:1-36, Daniel 2:2,5-7, Isaiah 47:13-15
What to do: RENOUNCE the interest or involvement in Jesus' name.
REPENT of the sin.
RENEW your mind in Word of God.
Heavenly Father, I renounce my curiousity, research and involvement in _____________. Forgive my sin. I was ignorent of Your Word. As I replace it with reading Your Holy Word, give me spiritual insight and understanding. I want freedom from any darkness to follow You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
I just looked at the site and it is nice, but I am wondering; who are you warring with?
I am glad you asked that question because it helps me realize others may wonder. I will answer you with scriptures from the Bible. As a matter of fact, I went back in to my devotional at the last minute and answered this question. These verses are addressed to those who have been saved and serve God.
1. 1 Peter 5:8-9, Be careful - watch out for attacks from Satan your great enemy. He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion, looking for some victim to tear apart. Stand firm when he attacks. Trust the Lord and remember the other Christians all around the world are going through these sufferings too.
2. 1 Timothy 6:12, Fight on for God. Hold tightly to the eternal life, which God has given you, and which you have confessed with such a ringing confession before many witnesses.
3. 2 Timothy 2:3-5, Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Christ, just as I do, and as Christ's soldier do not let yourself become tied up with in worldly affairs, for then you cannot satisy the one who has enlisted you in His army.
4. Ephisians 6:11-17, Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand against the stategies and tricks of Satan. For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood,but against persons without bodies-the evil rulers of the unseen world, those mighty Satanic beings and great evil princes who rule this world; and against huge numbers of wicked spirits in the spirit world. So use every piece of armour to resist the enemy whenever he attacks and when it is over you will still be standing up. But to do this you will need the strong belt of truth and the breastplate of God's approval. Wear shoes that are able to speed you on to preach the Good News of peace with God. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. And you will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit-which is the Word of God.
5. Romans 7:22-25, I love to do God's will so far as my nature is concerned; but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to sin that is still within me.
6.2 Corinthians 10:33-6 It is true that I am an ordinary, weak human being, but I don't use human plans and methods to win my battles. I use God's mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil's strongholds. These weapons can knock down every proud argument against God and every wall that can be built to keep men from finding Him. With these weapons I can capture rebels and bring them back to God, and change them into men whose hearts' desire is obedience to Christ. I will use these weapons against every rebel who remains after I have first used them on you yourselves, and you surrender to Christ
7. Hebrews 4:12 For whatever God says is full of power; it is sharper than the sharpest dagger, cutting swift and deep into our innermost thoughts and desires with all parts, exposing us for what we are.
8. 2 Timothy 4:7 1 Thessalonians 5:7 But let us who live in the light keep sober, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing our helmet, the happy hope of Salvation.
9. But if you keep sinning, it shows that you belong to Satan, who since he first began to sin has kept steadily at it. But the Son of God came to destroy these works of the devil.
10. Luke 11:21 Jesus, casting a demon spirit out of a man gave this example, "For when Satan, strong and fully armed, guards his palace, it is safe-until someone stronger and better armed attacks and overcomes him and strips him of his weapons and carries off his belongings." This refers to us using our spiritual weapons, taking back all the things Satan stole from us. I hope this answers your question. If not, email me for more scriptural explainations.
copyright (c) 2003 by Lura
to return to the main page click www.LuraMinistries.org